• Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC&R) •
• Building Sciences •
• Energy Conservation •
Engineering professional with more than three decades leading industry-wide change to proactively address strategic commercial, regulatory, and environmental challenges. Skilled at directing broad industry programs, identification of industry research opportunities, and development of multi-year private-public sector partnerships. Accomplished negotiator who has secured financial and technical commitments for multiple research programs exceeding $35 million. Dynamic leader of complex multidisciplinary teams and manager of large committees. Effective speaker and writer who represents industry at national and international venues, and who has authored numerous papers on energy efficiency, indoor air quality, alternative refrigerants, HVACR equipment, and recycling. Influential professional who effectively bridges the industry/government divide with an extensive network of senior industry leaders.
Areas of Expertise
Program Management • Research Management • Technology Evaluation • Partnering and Establishing Collaborations • Business Plans • Negotiations • Policy Development • Strategic Planning • Staff Management • Team Leadership / Motivation
Consulting Activities Include
- Create, update, review technical materials (e.g., standards, manuals, technical notes, guides, training texts).
- Committee representation / participation (e.g., company-, industry-, association-related).
- Engineering support (e.g., refrigeration issues, equipment selection, equipment application).
- Business management support (e.g., research initiatives, policy / planning, meetings / conferences).